Many homeowners tackle home improvement projects to save money or because they enjoy remodeling.
- LUXURY VINYL PLANK (LVP) Vinyl plank flooring is a popular choice for homeowners that enjoy renovation projects because LVP can be cut without using a saw. All that is necessary is a sharp utility knife. This makes LVP a top choice for DIY projects.
- LAMINATE Laminate flooring is another great option. Laminate flooring is a harder product and must be cut with a saw during installation.
- Floor prep – you must install a floor on a level surface in good condition.
- Baseboards – removing the baseboards will allow the flooring to have a finished look and since LVP and laminate are floating floors they need some extra room under the baseboards to move.
- Underlayment – some laminate flooring is manufactured with underlayment attached to the back of the board. Check the install instructions and purchase underlayment if necessary.
- Transitions – planning out your transitions will help ensure you have the correct materials to finish the job and stay on budget.